Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Centered

This is the drawing from a new oil painting I am just starting. I am really excited for it because I like the composition(not shown here) a lot. I don't produce oil paintings as much as I would like, primarily because it is difficult to get quality compositions and reference.

Also, I have a new addition to my favorite contemporary artists list. I went to Doug Fryer's show this past weekend, it was inspiring work. His strong traditional art skills make his loose landscape painting work. In my opinion, loose work is much harder to pull off then tight realistic work.

6 comments:

Tim Bye said...

Great drawing - looking forward to seeing the painting!

Kevin Keele said...

Your sketches are always so inspiring, I love this. I agree with you about it being harder to pull off loose work than tight realistic. Doug Fryer's work is great.

Antonio Fernandez said...

Dave, your trace charm me and your oil paintings even more.
Yes sir.

seamas said...

dude--your pencils are outta control--! most excellent stuff--!

Gracia said...

I love the work in your blog!! some of the posts are simply astonishing!! thanks for sharing it!! ^_^

Anonymous said...

excellent!!!