Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Rockwell coloring book


Just an exercise, I thought I would do a little coloring on my Norman Rockwell drawing from a while back.

Thanks for the comments on the previous post. Don't take my writing too seriously, I am often sarcastic which doesn't always get conveyed through text. My wife accuses me of having no feelings because I don't get offended easily. Its a useful skill to deal with art show judges and to pick through to find the criticism that I can use. I don't really fit the passionate artist mold which I'm sure contributes to my analytic approach to my work. I do appreciate critiques though.

16 comments:

Aaron Wilkin said...

Really really nice job on this one!!!!! Your color palette really works nicely with your line work.

Aaron Ludwig said...

I like how you handled the hair. Cool style.

Unknown said...

WOW!!! beatifull...

Dillon Thompson said...

I love it. Yeah I said love it.

Tony Mac said...

This is a beautiful piece of work , the lighting is superb!

Kai Büker said...

very good, i like this style!

EL Gato Negro said...

yeah this piece is very lovely !

John Hinderliter said...

I don't know about you, but when I was in art school learning how to be an illustrator, his life was what I figured mine would be like. Ha ha.

pablo pablo said...

Great work! as usual

milind said...

awesome is THE word.

SEILER said...

Awesome Dave!

Mike Stanislavsky said...

youre range of subjects and skills are inspiring. sketchbook portraits make me drool, oil painting are cool, digital stuff is neat and you know 3d too!

Unknown said...

Great portrait. I love the angular lines that you use in your drawings (I do not know if this is the right word).

Jonas Santos said...

David, congratulatios, your drawings is unbeliveble, a hugh from brazil!!

Tina said...

Dear Dave, he would have loved this. Wonderful.

Attractive Art Community (Big Sam) said...

simply wonderful sir! much respect!