Tuesday, March 16, 2010

reunion

Sometimes I go for too long without finding the time to draw. I'm being distracted by a busy body 1-year old and a recent trip among other things.
Anyway I am back spending time with my old friend, the sketchbook. Its always easiest to find an old magazine or catalog, search out an interesting face or pose and draw it. This is this weekends result. I thought this was an interesting choice for a model but she looks like a Bouguereau painting IMO. Hair is always fun, my drawings get pretty abstract very quickly when I get to the hair.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice work as usual! By the way, thanks for pointing out Adam Ford's drawing sale a little while back. You considering selling any of your sketches by any chance?

Lamar Mathurin said...

wow man. your stuff is purely inspiring. these are awesome.

Adrian Lubbers said...

Hey David.
I always get distracted by "real life" and don't get the opportunity to draw nearly as much as I would like. Ironicaly, I am constantly inspired by your Blog to draw more.

THANKS

chumpmonkey said...

Really beautiful work all over this blog!

Miguel Garrido said...

I love the stroke of your pencil drawings.

Ricardo Soares Atelier said...

Hi David, i love your work.
Congratulations!

Rian Rigor said...

I really do not know how you define shapes and shadows with your simple line strokes. Just pure magic from how I see it. You just inspire me to stop toying with the computer and pick up a pencil instead.
Cheers!

SEILER said...

Fantastic man!

Deb Schmit said...

Maybe you are Bouguereau, reincarnated?
Always a pleasure to stop by Dave, don't let that little one push you around!
:O)

Vnnikolov said...

Really love your work, your sketches are soooo full of life, simple strokes and yet a powerful images. Keep it up and thanks for sharing :-)