Monday, November 10, 2008

Illusions

A new illustration for the Weekly Standard. I am really pleased with the lighting in this one and owe it all to a class given by Sam Nielson. I haven't really figured out a lighting scheme before getting started until this painting and I think it really improved the lighting on the animals. I stole the Obama face from a earlier painting so the lighting doesn't quite match but it saved time with the quick turnaround.
I really nailed it on the fairy dust, I don't know why but it may have something to do with my week in Disney World.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great illustration!

Blake Loosli said...

Looks great. I love the back-lit elephant ears.

Kevin Keele said...

Awesome! Obama looks adequately angelic and magical.

Unknown said...

I love the emotion in the animals. Hilarious!

Wojtek said...

You are a genius!

RAPOSO said...

Hahaha, great work Dave. The concept of this drawing was the most import thingl in this work. Fantastic!!!

Regards from Brazil!!!

TSL said...

I agree with wojtek.

Paul Moyse said...

Great job David!

Edo said...

Great one, awesome characters, love your animal characterdesign! Keep me posted!

Faboun'e said...

Great illustration !!!