Thursday, September 29, 2011

the new me

My previous avatar has lost favor in my eyes (not that I had any particular favor for him other then his interesting face). So I have decided to move on. This time I chose someone I actually like, Mr. Milton Friedman who also has a cool face. Unfortunately it doesn't size down too well and looks noisy in its small form.*shrug* I have had questions in the past assuming I am an older gentleman which I am not, yet. But my face is not nearly as interesting.
I was thinking about how I would like to do a more complete picture instead of a simple portrait so I may build a story around this face. Stay tuned.

Bonus:
I had enough saved out files that I put together this handy animated gif for your viewing pleasure. You will notice that a lot of the drawing is done at the painting stage. I try to get as close as possible with the drawing and nail the general parameters but I really kind of sculpt it at the painting stages.

Photobucket

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

very cool - thanks for the animated gif as well :)
Stay inspired!
Michelle
Brain Angles - Invisible Ink

Jacob Sanders said...

So cool.

Jason Newkirk said...

wow he looks just like you! hahaha

Victoria on Okinawa said...

Loved the animated process!

Andy Dolphin said...

It's interesting that, even after I realised your previous avatar wasn't you and that you were, in fact, younger, that I still see you as that avatar person in my head.

From now on I'll probably see you as a different older gentleman.

Fitzzz said...

Great painting and I agree with you that it does not size down as well as your last piece, it does however freshen up the blog. Nicely done!

TSL said...

He's a pleasant chap.

Randy CA said...

Fantastic! Funny last night I picked up my old copy of Free To Choose and today I find this. Hope you make it available on a tee shirt.

So does this mean that your old avatar was not a self-portrait?

benjamin trobat -cartoonist- said...

super great work dude