Thursday, June 30, 2011

Schools out

Please forgive the absence, I've been out welcoming a new little boy to the fam. He's a little shy, doesn't talk much and sleeps a lot.

This is a cover I did for the Friend magazine. I've had bad experiences in the past trying to pull off complicated multi figure scenes and was worried enough to try a different simpler style for this, more dependent on the drawing and less rendered. I would say some of the figures are too rushed and the style had tricky problem of looking unfinished. There are things I like about it though and I think it will be a style I will probably play with in the future.

7 comments:

Cedric Hohnstadt said...

Congrats on the new baby! He's a cute little guy.

Vicki Holdwick said...

I really like the Friends magazine cover.

But mostly I like that new baby. What a handsome boy.

xoxo

chris brothers said...

Congrats on the baby boy!

Johan said...

Oh man... mine don't sleep at all!
Congratz :D

TSL said...

Oh my heavens, you are certainly in heaven now with two beautiful children. Very happy for you and your wife, these are the days of your lives. Blessings.

Sadami said...

Hi, David,
Oh, Boy, boy... really a boy!!! Congrats!!
Cheers, Sadami

Bong said...

Congratulations!! He's very cute...