Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Goat Wrangler

My Radiohead video isn't getting much love, so here is a new post for those faint of heart. I saw some great cartoony stuff and had to prove to myself I could do "cartoony". I liked how this is going. I want to try something new with the painting.
Unfortunately, there may be some sketch lines in my work. I hope that doesn't ruin the magic. I have notice a lot of crazy artists with absolutely no sketchy lines in their work. I don't understand this, I tried my best to hide my original faults, but couldn't get them all. Maybe I need to buy some tracing paper and a pen. I haven't the time for that.

6 comments:

S.T. Lewis said...

Brightness and contrast... that's how I get rid of my sketchy lines. Well, most of them. If you get rid of ALL your sketchy lines, sometimes you don't have anything left. This is great, Dave, and I liked the Radiohead video too... I just didn't know what to say about it. Good work with the "cartoony."

Brian Cutler said...

It's ok to leave some of the sketchy-ness in your art, Dave. Let us see some of the framework you used to construct your drawing.

Sam Nielson said...

Someone should introduce you to my good friend Equalize (or his more-powerful but inconvenient cousin, Levels from Photoshop).

Kevin Keele said...

I like everything but the bandana...I'm just kidding I like the bandana too.

Eddie Fitzgerald said...

Wow! Nice work! I discovered you by reading your comment on Grigor Eftimov's blog. Whenever you get it together I would definitely be interested in seeing your list of good realistic artists!

BTW, I would disable the word verification. It discourages people from commenting and you can always reinstate it if you start getting spam.

Anonymous said...

I love your work!